Ketamine Infusion Therapy and Depression Treatment Clinic in Frisco TX
For patients suffering from depression who haven’t found relief through treatment from antidepressants, ketamine may be the answer. Once prescribed by doctors primarily as an anesthetic, researchers discovered in 2000 that using ketamine for depression treatment is a game-changer for some patients, with effects on mood seen in as little as a few minutes. Administered in low-doses, ketamine infusion therapy does not result in the uncomfortable side effects (weight gain, sexual dysfunction) associated with traditional anti-depressants.
Who is a Candidate for Ketamine Depression Treatment?
There is no one-size-fits-all treatment for depression, the most common psychiatric disorder in the country — affecting some 40 million adults. Depression can be mild or severe, with causes and triggers that can make even simple tasks seem insurmountable. If traditional psychotherapy (or “talk” therapy) isn’t effective, depression help may be as simple as focusing on eating a healthful diet, exercising, meditating and/or limiting exposure to social media. If depression doesn’t respond to behavioral changes or talk therapy and interferes with everyday life, ketamine infusion therapy may be the solution.
How Does Ketamine Provide Relief?
Ketamine blocks NMDA, a type of receptor in the brain thought to play a role in depression. While the drug only stays in the body for a short time, recent studies have found that ketamine can have long-lasting effects on depression. Since Ketamine also acts on other brain receptors, such as opiod receptors that affect pain and depression, it is has become an innovative option for treating a number of conditions. Our depression treatment clinic provides ketamine treatment for the following, Severe, Treatment-Resistant Depression, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD Mood Disorder), Bipolar Depression, Postpartum Mood Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Chronic Pain, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), Fibromyalgia, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine Headaches
Ketamine Depression Treatment Cost in Frisco, Texas
- Evaluation/Screening: $1500, includes evaluation, first three infusions, and a mood reassessment
- The typical response occurs within 4-24 hours, with the maximum effect seen the third day after each infusion. However, some people do not feel an improvement in mood until after their third infusion and this is not abnormal. We will reassess your mood after three infusions.
- Next three infusions: $1500 total, required to maximize the effect and postpone recurrence most effectively. All 6 infusions take place within 3-4 weeks.
- Maintenance infusion: $500 each; no more than one per month.
- The average maintenance infusion is every 2-4 months.
- Active, retired and honorably discharged military personnel with proof of service will be eligible for a discount on all infusions.
Please note that ketamine infusion therapy is not a service covered by insurance at this time.
If you live in Frisco, Texas or surrounding communities and would like additional information on ketamine infusion therapy, or to determine if you are an ideal candidate for our depression treatment clinic, please contact the office of Texas Ketamine Specialists.