Ketamine Clinic and Depression Treatment Center Serving Carrollton, TX
In 2000 researchers found ketamine, once prescribe by doctors as an anesthetic, when used for the treatment of depression became life-changing for some patients. At our ketamine clinic, patience found an effective change in mood in as little as a few minutes. With ketamine for depression, patients found results without the discomfort of sexual disfunction and weight gain associated with side effect found in other depression medications. For those finding no relief through traditional anti-depressants there is now hope with this new depression medication.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Ketamine Depression Treatment?
Depression is the most common psychiatric disorder in the country affecting some 40 million adults. There is no single best treatment for depression and anxiety help. With mild to severe depression, there are many causes and triggers that make the simplest task seem overwhelming. In traditional “talk” psychotherapy help for depression may come from exercise, meditation, switching to a healthy diet, even spending less time on social media sites. With a patent with severe depression that does not respond through talk therapy, a new treatment for depression with ketamine infusion therapy may be the answer.
How Do Ketamine Infusions Provide Relief?
Believed to cause depression, Ketamine therapy inhibits a receptor in the brain known a NMDA. Ketamine can have a long-lasting effect on depression even though the drug remains for a brief time in the body. In our Ketamine clinics, studies have found that this new treatment for depression not only acts on the receptor in the brain, we found it to be an innovative way for treating opioid addiction and pain. While not all cases are alike, we discovered our ketamine infusion protocol has produced positive results for patients with severe, treatment-resistant depression, bipolar depression, postpartum mood disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), chronic pain, chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS), reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD), fibromyalgia, neurotic pain and migraine headaches.
Ketamine Depression Treatment Costs in Carrollton, TX
- Evaluation/Screening: $1500, includes evaluation, first three infusions, and a mood reassessment
- The typical response occurs within 4-24 hours, with the maximum effect seen the third day after each infusion. However, some people do not feel an improvement in mood until after their third infusion and this is not abnormal. We will reassess your mood after three infusions.
- Next three infusions: $1500 total, required to maximize the effect and postpone recurrence most effectively. All 6 infusions take place within 3-4 weeks.
- Maintenance infusion: $500 each; no more than one per month.
- The average maintenance infusion is every 2-4 months.
- Active, retired and honorably discharged military personnel with proof of service will be eligible for a discount on all infusions.
Please note that ketamine infusion therapy is not a service covered by insurance at this time.
For those living in Carrollton, Texas and surrounding communities, contact our office for additional information on how our Ketamine Clinic and depression treatment center can help you.