Ketamine Clinic for DepressionTreatment Serving Denton, TX
Once prescribed as an anesthetic by doctors, in 2000 researchers found Ketamine when used for treatment of depression, became a game-changer for some patients. This new treatment for depression gave hope for patients who had yet to find relief from traditional anti-depressants. When administered in a low dose an effective change in mood came in as little as a few minutes, notably without the discomfort of weight gain and sexual disfunction often associated with side effects found in other depression medications.
Who is Ketamine Depression Treatment for?
Depression affects some 40 million adults and remains the most common psychiatric disorder in the nation. Therefore, a singular best treatment for depression does not exist. From mild to severe, depression has many triggers and causes that can make the simplest task seem impossible. In seeking help through “talk” or traditional psychotherapy, relief may come by simply changing to a healthy diet, exercise, meditation and even reducing time spent on social media sites. For those with major depression that does not respond through talking and interferes with everyday life, the solution may be Ketamine infusion therapy.
How is Relief Provided by Ketamine Infusions?
Ketamine therapy inhibits a receptor in the brain (NMDA) believed to cause depression. Although the drug stays a brief time in the body, current studies find that Ketamine can have long-lasting effects on depression. Not only do Ketamine infusions act on the brain receptors for depression, studies found it to be an innovative way for treating pain and opioid addiction. At our Ketamine clinic, we have found that, while not all cases are alike, our infusion protocol can produce positive outcomes for patients with Major depressive disorder (MDD Mood Disorder), Severe, Treatment-Resistant Depression, Bipolar Depression, Mood or Postpartum Disorder, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Anxiety, Chronic pain, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Fibromyalgia, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD), Neuropathic Pain and Migraine Headaches.
The Cost of Ketamine Depression Treatment in Denton, Texas
- Evaluation/Screening: $1500, includes evaluation, first three infusions, and a mood reassessment
- The typical response occurs within 4-24 hours, with the maximum effect seen the third day after each infusion. However, some people do not feel an improvement in mood until after their third infusion and this is not abnormal. We will reassess your mood after three infusions.
- Next three infusions: $1500 total, required to maximize the effect and postpone recurrence most effectively. All 6 infusions take place within 3-4 weeks.
- Maintenance infusion: $500 each; no more than one per month.
- The average maintenance infusion is every 2-4 months.
- Active, retired and honorably discharged military personnel with proof of service will be eligible for a discount on all infusions.
Please note that ketamine infusion therapy is not a service covered by insurance at this time.
If you live in Denton, Texas or surrounding communities and would like additional information on depression treatment at our Ketamine clinic, please contact the office of Texas Ketamine Specialists.